Saturday, February 16, 2008

Who is Jacki Semerau, and why do you care?

So here it is: my blog about being a woman entrepreneur. My journey into entrepreneurship has been a long one. Sometimes fun, sometimes...not so much. But along the way, I've picked up some pretty valuable information. And I am running into new situations every single day. I have no problem admitting that in many cases, I have no idea what to do. But in many other cases, I either DO know how to handle it, or I learn quickly. I figure I'm not unique in that.

So this blog is about me sharing my experiences with you. Sometimes it will be because I am offering advice. And many times, it will be because I'm SEEKING advice from my sister entrepreneurs.

In pondering the all-important question "what should my first entry say", the most logical place to start is by letting you know who I am and why you would care to read my blog. So here goes:

Jacki Semerau is:


Jacki Semerau believes:
  • In the power of positive thinking
  • That I will be successful in any venture I put my mind to
  • In the importance of a strong work ethic
  • In God
  • That you and I are a lot alike and can truly learn from each other
So why read my blog? Why post comments?
Because we have a lot to say! We have a lot to learn! We need each other!
If you and I are going to get ahead in the business world of the 21st Century, we will only be able to accomplish this through supporting each other.
Just a few days ago, I heard Charlie Plumb speak. He is a former Vietnam Vet and POW. He was held prisoner for 6 years in an 8x8 cell. And he credits his survival in large part to the support he received from his fellow prisoners during that 6 year period. (If you're interested in reading a portion of Charlie Plumb's inspirational story, I would highly recommend it!!)
At any rate, I was truly inspired by hearing him speak. And he's right...if we want to survive, we need each other's support. So this blog is meant to be a source of support, from me and for me.
Until Next Time,
Jacki

No comments: