Friday, March 21, 2008

To Whom Were You Referring?


Referrals. With them, you are a success. Without them, you might as well hang up your entrepreneur's hat and go back to Corporate America.

So why is it that so many entrepreneurs don't understand the true value and meaning behind referrals? Or how to give and receive effective referrals? It's important enough that I thought I'd take a couple of minutes of your time to visit the topic.

If you want to give and receive effective referrals, the first thing you need to do is get out of the "I don't want to interfere" mindset. If you are stuck there, then you need to realize that people WANT you to interfere. I'd give anything (well...almost anything) to have someone, ANYONE, give me the name of a good yard maintenance company. Do you have any idea how often I complain about the fact that I can't find a good one? (Well, maybe you do if you've ever heard me get on the topic). I've been a single parent living in the same general area for the past 3 1/2 years. I've tried so many yard maintenance people, it's not even funny. And they are all either too expensive, too unreliable, or both. PLEASE...interfere here! If you know of any good landscapers in the NE Phoenix area, I want to know!

People need to be led to other people. So don't hesitate. REFER!

Meanwhile, I'd personally like to give more referrals. So please...just ask! If you are in need of a professional service or product but don't know where to turn, let me know! Financial planners, insurance agents, lenders, car mechanics, doctors, the list goes on and on.

Also, did you realize that I'm connected to a network of real estate agents all over the US and Canada? Even Dubai! So if you're in need of a Realtor anywhere, just ask me. I can make sure you have one that's going to be able to handle your real estate needs...it's better than taking your chances by just calling an ad in the paper!

Anyway, where referrals are concerned, there's so much more to say! But I'll leave that for another time. For now, just get in the habit of asking the people you trust "Do you know someone who..."

Until Next Time,

Jacki

No comments: