Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day: Honoring Heroes from General Colin Powell to Homeless Veterans

Today, America honors all those who have fought for our Country.  Last week, I had the honor of meeting several men who fought for our country, and who have come back wounded....not in their bodies, but in their spirits.  I was honored to listen to their stories, to look them in the eyes, to shake their hand, to thank them personally.  These men were homeless, and I owe my freedom to their service.


As we honor our troops, take time to watch this interview with General Colin Powell.  "America has been blessed to know greatness in every generation," he points out.

We are all one, and we all give in the ways that we can.  Today, remember to honor all the men and women who have served for our country.  From the homeless veterans I met last week, to people I see everyday, to men like General Powell, who lead our troops in service to our nation....thank you.

Until Next Time,
Jacki

No comments: