Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Historypin: Knowing your place in a whole new way

I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the Mashable article on Historypin, I fully expected to be underwhelmed.  Another mapping tool with photos...so what?  Then I watched the video introducing Historypin.  I love it!

In today's online world, the latest greatest sites, apps, and tools are constantly pushing the envelope on what's new.  Historypin does exactly that, but does so in a way that links us to our past.  And not just the history book versions of the past.  This tool connects us with a very personal version of the past by collecting old photos and giving the user a chance to post the story behind the photos.

Take a look and see what you think about this tool that really DOES help you know your place...and places around the globe:

If I were still in school, I would have loved this resource for creating history projects or papers.  As a history buff, I'm still excited about searching the site in my next spare moment.  Now....if I could just find an app that would allow me to actually FIND those spare moments!

Until Next Time, Jacki

No comments: