Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One of those days...

So we all have them. Those bad days that make us wonder what we're doing with our lives. The days that make you want to crawl back into bed and not resurface for a week. The days that leave you yearning to be independently wealthy so you can spend the rest of your days lounging on the sandy shores of an exotic island. Yeah, even me.

Brad Pitt...I'd bet he has those days. John McCain, sure. I'm sure I could name a million famous people that we look at and think "Wow, they're on top of the world." And I would be willing to guarantee that if I were to interview them, that even THEY have those bad days.

So having the bad days isn't an option. But what will you do with them? You have a choice: give in or push through. Me, I choose Push Through.

Every moment in life, whether good or bad, is an opportunity to learn and become a better person. So when those bad days strike, take a deep breath. Step back and ask yourself if any of the things making the day a bad one will matter a year from now. If the answer is no, then rise above it. Keep it in it's proper perspective.

And if the answer is yes, that a year from now whatever is going wrong is going to matter greatly, then you need to really dig into the lesson. Think outside of the box as to how to turn that negative into a positive.

For me, some of my biggest opportunities have formed due to events that could've been catastrophic. The chance to start my marketing company happened due to a bad couple of weeks. I can look at those couple of weeks now and recognize them as the best thing to ever happen to my career. The opportunity to be a motivational speaker on professional relationships came to me because I've hit the bottom, and was able to rise back up again.

So you never know where each turn might take you. Make the choice to live each moment seeing the positive potential. It can change your life!
Until Next Time,
Jacki

No comments: