Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Moving from Commitment to Action

What do you need to commit to?  As 2010 approaches, what things in your life do you "wish"  for, "hope" for, or "really" want?

Because if you REALLY want it, it's up to YOU to make it happen.

No one is out there waiting to magically manifest your heart's desire on your behalf.  And if your actions are not in line with your desires, you WILL suffer. You WILL experience discontent. I know, I've lived it.

We hear about Positive Affirmations all the time.  All too often, we stop there.  We determine that we'll create our vision, cut out pictures from magazines and put them on a Dream Board, write our desires on a white board above our desk, carry 3x5 note cards along with us, whatever.  Then we sit back, stare at our Vision Boards, and wait for the magic to happen.  Meanwhile we sit in front of the TV, play video games, or chat on the phone with our best friends trying to figure out why we're not going anywhere.


I'm committing to making it happen.  I'm committing to making my actions line up with my desires.  Sometimes, that means doing what makes me uncomfortable, or what I downright fear.  But I fear NOT accomplishing my goals more than I fear doing the actions that make life "uncomfortable."

I was inspired to share this with you after reading today's edition of  Jeffrey Gitomer's Sales Caffeine Ezine.  In his article, he shares a list called "12.5 steps to getting past commitment to achievement."

I hope you'll join me in moving from commitment to action....but then again, that's entirely up to you.

Until Next Time,
Jacki

No comments: