Thursday, February 28, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog. That is the question.

So I have officially rolled out my blog. No turning back now. Many of you that received the introduction to my blog have been reading, and giving me the requested feedback. I can't thank you enough!

So what have I learned from the feedback? In one sentence: Blogging is a pretty new marketing phenomenon.

So I thought I'd take a blog or two and talk about what blogging is all about.

Blog (n.) Shortened from the term "web log". An online journal used to convey opinions of the author. Used to open up and maintain conversation between the author and the readers. In business, a powerful marketing tool used mainly to further the relationship with one's clients, potential clients, and referral sources. Expertise given in conversational format.

So I think that is a great definition of "Blog". (And I should....it's my own doing.) I searched for a good definition, but there really weren't any that were short, sweet, and to the point. So I came up with one. However, if you are interested in reading a more in depth definition of blogging, click here.

Moving on.

Many of the questions I have received are: "Why blog?" "Why have you opened yourself up for all of cyberspace to see?" "What is the business benefit?" "How can I do that?" The list goes on...

So I'm not personally going to attempt to answer all of that. But I can give you resources!

  • If blogging is a whole new concept and you would like to learn more about it, click here.
  • If you want to see some other examples of blogs, click here.
  • If you think this whole blog concept is too much, and you prefer to receive your online marketing in a more traditional manner, please click here or here.

I'll be visiting some of the reasons behind blogging in a separate post in the future. But for now, I hope this helps. Again, the point of this blog is to help other entrepreneurs. It's my goal that you can better your business by reading my blog. It's geared for women, because I know there will be some topics that are specific to women. But that doesn't mean that if you are not a woman, you must vacate the premises immediately! We all learn from each other.

Thanks for taking the time to help me along this journey.

Until Next Time,

Jacki

PS...Another really common question is "How do I post a comment on your blog?" See right below this post, where it says a number and then comments in blue (right now the number is 0, but hopefully that will change soon!) It reads just like this:

Posted by Jacki Semerau at 11:13 PM 0 comments

Anyway, just click on that, and a comment box will pop up. Go ahead an type in the comment box and then click "open ID" and then "publish your comment". Hope that helps! Now...here's a test....try it now! Even if you have nothing to say...just say hello! At least then you'll know how for the future.

No comments: