Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Business Relationship Tip of the week: Show You Care

Every week, I'll post the relationship tip from the newsletter that went out the previous week. In other words, this post is the tip from the July 9th edition.

If you aren't yet receiving my weekly newsletter "I Can Relate: Business Relationship Tips from Jacki Semerau," Simply fill out your email address in the box to your right that says "Sign up for my weekly newsletter."
***************************************************************************

Show you care while being sincere!

There's a popular phrase when talking about business relationships: "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." I'm not sure who the first person to come up with this phrase is, but I can tell you that they couldn't be more accurate!

But the challenge for many is learning how to do this. How do I show someone I am just beginning a business relationship with that I care about them? I've only just met them, and so how can I possibly care about them already? And even if I DO care, how do I show them in such a way that they believe me, and don't just think I'm a big phony?

Here's the secret: when you care about people in general, you will naturally care about ANY individual you've just met. And if you care about people in general, you will earn yourself a reputation as being a truly caring and sincere person.

For some of us, that may come easy. But for others, maybe you really DON'T care. And I'm not saying that makes you Bad. But that comes through to people, which makes it harder for you to build that valuable relationship, which in turn makes it harder for you to earn referrals. You may make SALES, but if you feel that you have to work exceedingly hard for every deal, then maybe you need to evaluate your Care-Factor.

Caring for other people is a discipline, just like any other business practice. Next week, we'll take a look at some tips for creating that discipline within yourself. But you can start right now simply by making the conscious decision to Care.

When people know that you care about them, they naturally want to give back to you in whatever way that they can. In business, this usually takes form by way of a sale or a referral. So show you care...the more you do, the greater your chances of success!

Until Next Time,

Jacki

Jacki Semerau © Copyright 2008

No comments: