Saturday, August 2, 2008

Take a Risk! This week's Business Relationship Tip


Take a Risk.

No two people are the same. I'm always amazed at all of our differences. And yet, we are all SO MUCH ALIKE! We're not that mysterious! And if you think about some of the things we all innately have in common, you'll find that one is our desire to stay within our comfort zone.

Oh sure, it's easier for some of us to step outside of that zone, but deep within, we all desire not to have to do it! Over the years, I've trained myself to take the risk of stepping outside of what makes me comfortable. I've been successful at convincing myself that I LOVE being in a room where I don't know anyone, and no one knows me. And truly, this has become something I now seek out. But don't think it's something I was born with, and don't think it came easily.

It's something you can accomplish as well.

Remind yourself every single day that it's OK to take the risk of talking to someone you don't know. Or to call someone who may not want to hear from you. Or to reach out to someone you haven't spoken to in a while. Whatever the case may be...give yourself permission to take the risk.

If you are willing to risk putting yourself out there, you will meet some phenomenal people, and you'll make some very valuable business contacts. But if you DON'T take the risk, you'll get left behind, wondering why your phone isn't ringing and business isn't quite to the level you desire.

The choice is yours!

No comments: